Dr. Gabriel Gonzales-Portillo is Board Certified in Neurological Surgery. He earned his Doctor of Medicine from San Marcos University in Lima, Peru and served an internship in General Surgery and a residency in Neurological Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Dr. Gonzales-Portillo also served a Fellowship in Cerebrovascular Surgery/Skull Base Surgery at the University of Miami in Florida. He was previously in practice for six years at the University of Arizona as an Assistant Professor and as Chief of Cerebrovascular/Skull Base Surgery Section. He also served as the Chief of Neurological Surgery Section at the Southern Arizona Veteran's Administration Healthcare Center. His specific interests include: minimally invasive spine surgery, aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, brain tumors, pituitary tumors, trigeminal neuralgia, stereotactic radiosurgery, spinal cord tumors, complex spine surgery, cervical disk herniations, lumbar disk herniations, carpal tunnel syndrome, and cubital tunnel syndrome. Dr. Gonzales-Portillo is a member of multiple medical societies.
Links of Interest:
- Video: Dr. Gonzales-Portillo, discusses minimally invasive neurosurgery for brain and spine conditions
- Video: Dr. Gonzales-Portillo discusses available treatments for neck and back pain, and brain tumors
- Link: Patient information on a wide range of neurosurgical conditions and diseases
- Article: Dade City man finds allies as he battles tumor 8/11/12
- Video: Dr. Gonzales-Portillo provides an overview of his practice
- Video: 'Lifesaving' Doctor Becomes U.S. Citizen 3/14/12
- Video: 'Doctor marca Perú', salvó la vida de un oficial de migraciones de Eeuu 3/14/12
- Article: Lifesaving neurosurgeon gets citizenship in Fla. 3/14/12
Neurological Surgery - Tampa
2727 West Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33607-6001
Location Phone: (813) 879-4328
Location Fax: (813) 443-8152
Patients` Choice Award - Rated & Awarded By Patients : 2008 - 2011