These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. BayCare Medical Group is not responsible for any information listed on these sites, nor do we necessarily endorse or support the views of the organizations represented below. If you have questions, please talk to your doctor.
YourHealthRisk.org Assessments: 7 Minutes Could Save Your Life!
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services, is dedicated to promoting "health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability." Available in Spanish.
- Family Doctor is operated by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), a national medical organization representing family physicians, family practice residents and medical students. Available in Spanish.
- The Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit worldwide leader in medical care, research and education.
- Kids Health® provides information about health, behavior, and development from before birth through the teen years.
- Healthy Children is powered by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Health Finder®, a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website, is coordinated by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion and its health information referral service, the National Health Information Center. Available in Spanish.
- Medline Plus is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Available in Spanish.
- Web MD provides health information, tools for managing your health, and support.
- Cancer.gov is the official website for The National Cancer Institute, a component of the National Institutes of Health, one of eight agencies that compose the Public Health Service in the Department of Health and Human Services. Available in Spanish.
- HIV InSite is a project of the University of California San Francisco AIDS Research Institute, providing information on HIV/AIDS treatment, prevention, and policy. Available in Spanish.
- American Cancer Society supports education and research in cancer prevention, diagnosis, detection, and treatment. Available in Spanish and Asian & Pacific Languages.
- Asbestos.com was designed for patients diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease.
- Cancer Care, Inc. is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide free professional support for anyone affected by cancer. Available in Spanish.
- National Cancer Institute, produced by the National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health, provides information on types of cancer; treatment options; clinical trials; genetics, causes, risk factors and prevention; testing; coping, and support resources. Available in Spanish.
- Families of Children with Cancer is a support and advocacy group for families living with the effects of childhood cancer.
- Women's Cancer Network is provided by the Foundation for Women’s Cancer, a nonprofit organization dedicated to funding research and training, and ensuring education and public awareness of gynecologic cancer prevention, early detection and optimal treatment. Available in Spanish.
American Heart Association is the official website of the American Heart Association, with links to the American Stroke Association, a division of the AHA. Their mission is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Available in Spanish and Asian & Pacific Languages.
- BayCare Heart Services presents in great detail, all of the Cardiovascular services offered by all BayCare facilities across Tampa Bay. It is a robust reference tool that will help our patients and community live heart healthy lives. Visitors can take a heart risk assessment; find a Cardiovascular physician or request a referral; find a heart related service and location; register for heart healthy classes and events; and view resources and information related to heart health.
- Congenital Heart Information Network is a national organization that provides reliable information, advocacy, support services, financial assistance and resources to people affected by Congenital Heart Defects.
- Heart Central provides resources and support to those with life-changing conditions.
- March of Dimes Birth Defects focuses on improving the health and care of babies through professional education, public awareness and strengthening parent organizations. Available in Spanish.
- Mayo Clinic Heart Center focuses on the prevention and treatment of heart disease.
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and provides information on chronic diseases such as such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Available in most languages spoken in the U.S.
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute is part of the National Institute of Health, their missions is to provide global leadership for a research, training, and education program to promote the prevention and treatment of heart, lung, and blood diseases and enhance the health of all individuals so that they can live longer and more fulfilling lives.
- NFL Life Line is a resource for current and former NFL players, coaches, team and league staff, and their family members in personal or emotional crisis.